We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data, including encrypting your information to applicable industry standards.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
So you only need to look in one place to find out all you need to know about how the Group collects and processes your personal information, this policy covers our Website (being any website operated by Flamme Rouge Cycles Limited.), our stores, any correspondence you have in relation to our retail or repairs offering.
Any changes we make to this policy will be reflected on this page where appropriate.
'We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties'
Who we are
Information we may hold about you
When you register to use our Website, purchase a product, register to receive our emails, register for our newsletter or any Customer Loyalty Programme that we may run from time to time, apply for a job, enter a competition or promotion run by the company or contact us, personal data you provide, such as your name, address, date of birth, contact details (including social media accounts), telephone number, transaction history, log in and payment information, will be collected.
When you browse our Website , whether or not you are registered, purchase a product, register to receive our emails, register for our Customer Loyalty Programme that we may run from time to time or make a job application, we and our partner advertising networks, advertisers and advertising affiliates (Third Party Advertisers), will collect user information such as your location, language, assumed gender, IP address, when you visited our Website , how you arrived on our Website , where you visit after our Website , the pages you visited, how long you spend browsing individual pages on our Website , any products you have viewed, purchased, or put in your basket, and the browser (where applicable) and device you used to access our Website .
In our premises, including our stores, we use CCTV to monitor and record images for the purposes of security and health and safety, and store the images centrally.
In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes. Calls may also be monitored without your consent in the following circumstances: to provide evidence of a business transaction; to prevent or detect a crime; to ensure that the Group complies with regulatory procedures; to see that quality standards or targets are being met; and to secure the effective operation of the telecom system.
How we may use your personal data
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- to fulfil your order - we require your identification, contact and payment information to enable Flamme Rouge to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without this information (please note that your details may need to be passed to another company within the Flamme Rouge Group and/or a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc and to meet any legal obligations for the retention of transactional data);
- to tell you about similar products and services, or products and services that you ask us to send you information about, by email, post, mobile, telephone and/or through other digital means (depending on your stated preferences) including social media platforms;
- to provide you with services you request from us, including the administration of any Customer Loyalty Programme that we may run from time to time;
- to register you on the Website (where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address or change in your marketing preferences);
- to administer our Website;
- to analyse, and improve, the use of our Website and retail offering, including how you move around our Website, or retail stores;
- to administer any competition run by the Group. Please refer to the specific terms and conditions for each competition;
- to measure and analyse our advertising;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you, other users of our Website , and users of the services of our Third Party Advertisers about products or services that may interest you or them;
- to keep in touch with you regarding your marketing preferences;
- to keep our Website and network safe and secure;
- to process payments, and detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and/or any other criminal activity (we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions);
- to assess and process your job application.
- to book a test ride or a service with us;
- in order to carry out repairs to your bike;
- when receiving a product review; and
- when you make any communication with our contact centre or customer relations team by telephone, email or webchat.
We process this data where you have given us consent to use it, where it is necessary to perform our contract, to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, where required by law or in pursuit of our legitimate interests where these are not overridden by your rights and interests, such as to provide appropriate marketing and to maintain our services.
How long we keep your information
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose(s) for longer than is necessary and we will only retain the relevant personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose.
We will retain the personal information you provided on registering an account on our Website or as part of any Customer Loyalty Programme that we may run from time to time, so long as that account remains in existence.
In the case of any contact you may have with our customer services department, we will retain those details for as long as is necessary to resolve your query and for a short period after the query is closed.
On making a purchase through our Website , we will retain certain limited personal information such as your name, email address and postal address until you ask us to update or delete those details for the purpose of reporting new and existing users to our affiliate advertisers. We retain transaction information for the longer of as long as you hold a Customer Loyalty Programme Account or required by law. We will retain information regarding your website browsing history for a similar period.
If we are legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also retain some of your personal information for a limited period of time, even after you have closed your account.
We retain CCTV recordings centrally for up to 30 days, and for a longer period if they are relevant to an incident, complaint, investigation or legal proceedings.
We will retain your information for a short time beyond the specified retention period, to allow for information to be reviewed and any deletion to take place.
How we might share your personal data
We may share your personal data with:
- Other companies in the Group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- Our professional advisers, including, without limitation, our insurers;
- Our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors;
- Our Third Party Advertisers; and,
- Search engine and web analytics providers.
In the event that we were to sell our business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to any prospective/actual purchaser and/or their advisers.
We may also disclose your personal data where we are subject to a legal obligation to do so, in connection with the prevention or detection of crime, for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, or where we consider that we receive a valid request for disclosure. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
Where we store your personal data
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Where we do so, the third country's data protection laws will have been approved as adequate by the European Commission, or other applicable safeguards are in place.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication we have sent to you, by accessing the customer preference centre or by contacting us.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
You also have the right, with some exceptions, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you. If you chose to exercise this right, then in certain circumstances any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
From 25 May 2018, if you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved. In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data if you withdraw your consent, it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data, you object to the use of your personal data and we don't have a good reason to continue to use it, or we haven't handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
To exercise these rights, we need to be suitably satisfied of your identity and so may request you provide identification documents or confirm other details we may hold about your (such as a recent delivery reference or address).
If you have any queries or concerns regarding how we use your personal data, please write to Data Protection, Unit A, Brook Park East, Meadow Lane, Shirebrook, NG20 8RY. If you are not happy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office: https://ico.org.uk
This policy explains what cookies are, how we use them and how you can switch them off.
What are Cookies and other tracking technologies?
Cookies are small files which are stored on your internet browsing device (e.g computer, tablet or phone) when you visit one of our websites, or see one of our adverts elsewhere on the internet. Cookies don't store personal details such as your credit card details, your name or your date of birth. They play an important role in helping us to enhance the usability and performance of our websites and your experience using them. Some cookies are also essential to enable you to move around our website and use its features. Other tracking technologies, like web beacons, clear GIFs, page tags and web bugs, are used to understand how people are using our services and to target advertising.
What types of Cookies do we use?
Our Website uses session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies operate from the moment you enter the website until the moment you leave. Once you log off, session cookies are deleted. Persistent cookies will not be deleted after each session.
Strictly necessary cookies are essential to our website. If these are disabled, your experience on our website may be interrupted and you may not be able to use a shopping basket or make payment.
Performance cookies collect anonymous data about visitors. We use the data to improve your future experience and identify issues that our users may be experiencing.
Functionality cookies customise the look and appearance of our Website. For example, a functionality cookie will remember your username and language preferences next time you visit.
Targeting or advertising cookies deliver advertisements which are tailored to your web activity. A targeting cookie tracks what you click on whilst on our website, and may share details of what you click on with other organisations (such as advertisers). These cookies can also help us to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Third party cookies may be used on our website by approved organisations to provide services on our website.
A list of all the cookies that we, our advertising network and technology partners use can be found in our cookie list details below.
- enable you to set up an account, place orders and make payments
- remember items you place into your shopping basket
- remember items you have been looking at so that you can quickly and easily go back to an item you looked at previously
- enhance and personalise your shopping experience
The default setting on your web browser is to prohibit cookies, but you may have changed this during the installation process. You can also choose which cookies the Group places on your computer when you access our website and can manage this in our preference centre. Further information on cookies, including instructions on how to amend your browser settings to turn off cookies, is available widely online. However, if you disable or delete certain cookies you may not be able to shop or access important parts of our website.